It's been a full 2 months since we were sent sweet Lucy's referral file. The first month went by really quickly, with all of the celebrating we did. The second month went by pretty quickly as well, but I started feeling the pains of the LOA wait. I can only imagine this third month will feel quite long. We're still being told the wait for LOA is about 3-4 months from PA. Our PA was on March 6th. I'm hopeful that we're halfway through???
So, what next? We've been getting a lot of questions about when we will travel to get her. If we only knew! My best guess at this point is August or September. Of course, a speedier than usual LOA would help hurry things along. And of course, other things can come up that may slow us down. It's in the Lord's hands and His timing is perfect. Would you join us in prayer for the following requests in the meantime ?
1. That Lucy will continue to be healthy, happy and well-cared for.
2. That the Lord would be preparing her heart for us and ours for her.
3. That we would get some updated pictures and information soon. We're dying to know how she's doing these days. The last information we have is from November.
4. That our LOA would come on the shorter end of the the 3-4 month estimate. While you're at it, go ahead and pray it would actually come before then :)
5. That our I-800A Supplement 3 issue would be resolved (we had a hiccup with some paperwork since she will be a few months older than our original home study said we were approved for - we had said up to 24 months. She'll be about 28 months by the time we get her.)
I'm having mixed emotions coming into May. It's another Mother's Day without my daughter and she turns 2 on the 22nd. It just seems like we ought to be together! On the other hand, we have the great hope of being united with her soon. That helps.
Please just pray for us and her!
2 hours ago